Monday, November 29, 2010

As the old saying goes...

Failing to Plan, is planning to fail!

I know that sounds soooo cliche', but the longer I live the more I realize that all these goofy sayings became popular for a reason, THEY'RE TRUE!

So Thanksgiving is obviously a challenging time for anyone that is trying to watch what they eat. I went into the ole' Turkey Day with a Plan, it's safe to say I was the Man with the Plan. I was gonna eat lots of veggies and salad and then have some turkey. BOOM...I will be full and life will be good! I am happy to report that is exactly what happened! NO pie...NO Stuffing...NO potatoes! I know I know I'm amazing...I have more willpower than a 6 year old on his 20th trip up the sledding hill. OH WAIT...the bad stuff is coming! So after hanging out all day long around the Turkey Day Temptations...at like 7:30 that evening(lunch was at 1) I decided to try one bite of my sons pumpkin pie! LOOK OUT someone apparantly turned on my FAT FAUCET! That then led to a few rounds of me vs. stuffing, me vs. 1 slice of pumpkin pie, then me vs. Buffalo Chicken Wing dip(I honesly wanted to smear this spicy treat all over my body, probably should have, way less fattening), I think it was the most calories I have consumed in at least 5 months! OH man it was soooooooooooo good I thought that I would never eat the right way again. That was until Friday morning when I woke up and noticed a horrible smell in my house and a pain in my stomach that felt like I was about to give birth to Andre the Giants baby! Lesson I learned...
IF you treat your body great it treats you great. IF you then treat it like crap it...I think you get the rest!

Here is exactly what I realized about my struggles that day. For the first part of the day I had a plan and it worked great. For the end of the day...the veggies were gone...the plan was gone. I just didn't plan ahead and that led me down the wrong path. Overall I still consider the 4 day weekend to have been a success. There were a few more battles late on Saturday night that involved a drink or two and then a left over breaded chicken patty the kids didn't finish. :-( I didn't lose any weight this week, but I did stay steady. Sometimes I realize that in it's self is a victory.

For a quick weight update I am now down to 294 and hoping to hit the 100 pounds lost by next week. That means a great week and hopefully I can drop another 4 pounds. It's been awhile since I've had a big week like that, but I feel like my body is ready for it once again. Mike Nilson(my trainer from U-District) has me super focused on the positives right now, think about how I would have eaten a year ago, think about how much more fit I am then last year, the key is not to lose sight of the biggest goal of all and that is overall improved HEALTH. No doubt I am winning that battle...the continued weight loss will just be the added benefit of doing the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment