Friday, October 8, 2010

If you think you can or think you can't you're right!

So I know this is the first post on here and I'm already 85 pounds into my weight loss so I feel like we are starting in the middle of the process....but better late than never. I will tell you all about what I've done to get to this point ...but let me start with just saying more than anything it has been my attitude! Before I would diet and lose 30 to 50 pounds and then be "happy" with myself and call it good. A year later the weight would be back and maybe I would do it again...blah blah blah. Does this sound fimilar to anyone????? I bet it does!!! I just decided that this time it was going to be FOREVER not FOR AWHILE. Not sure if I made up that phrase but I love it and it is soooooooo what keeps me going. It's not like if I have a bad day I get so frustrated that I screwed up my diet....I just say...OK I'm one meal away from being back to eating healthy. If you look big picture (FOREVER)...it's funny how little set backs don't ruin your attitude. I am human and I make mistakes...but the bottom line is that my mistake now might be a fruit smoothie from mcdonalds or a diet pop...instead of the mistake being a big mac and a large sweet tea.

I lost the first 50 pounds by really changing my diet...I started eating fish and lots of fruits and veggies and a low fat diet. Tried to make a ton of healthier decisions when it came to eating. It was great but like always I hit the 50 pound mark and then I was stuck...I still had a great attitude and wanted to lose weight but it wasn't working great. Thats when I went and saw an old friend of mine...Mike Nilson who is one of the owners of U District Performance Therapy. I went to Mike with the idea of getting me back to a workout program that would help me burn calories and kick the weight loss back into high gear! Mike and I worked out about 7 years ago together and it was the only time that I got below 300...I was about 288 and felt great. I worked super hard with him and I knew that was what I needed right now in my life. However when I met with Mike in August he tells me that he has really changed his thoughts on weight loss and healthy living and says to me that he is super excited that I came to him because he thinks he will be able to change my life FOREVER....wow just the word I needed to hear. Let me just tell you...HE WAS RIGHT...the simple concept is that NUTRITION IS 80% OF THE BATTLE WITH WEIGHT LOSS AND EXCERCISE IS 20%. I have worked my butt off in the past and lost weight, but not very much. Since the end of August when I started with Mike I have lost another 35 pounds...HERE IS THE BEST PART....MY EXCERCISE CONSISTS OF A 30-40 MINUTE WALK...plus a very small amount of resistance weight training. Bottom line...I am not working very hard at all and the weight is coming off. The reason...NUTRITION...I finally believe it's not working your butt off that is the biggest piece to the puzzle the biggest piece is what you put in your body! I get it NOW and I will do it FOREVER...not FOR AWHILE. OK so I have rambled enough for my first entry...I will tell you all about the nutrition as we go along. For now decide if you want to change forever??

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you Kevin Kaboodle! Don't you love working out?

    As I tell you every time I see you - you look GREAT! I see a difference in you every single time I visit.

    I am even more impressed every time I witness you turning down a treat or something salty... I have NO self control!

    *Best cheerleader impression*
    "GOOOOOOO KEVIN! (HIGH KICK)"

    ReplyDelete