Friday, October 22, 2010

Lunch for all the right reasons


Marcos, Brandon, Kevin and Mike

I had the chance to go to my Celebration Lunch today with Mike Nilson(U District PT), his brother Marcos(who has lost 60 pounds) and his brother-in-law Brandon(who quite frankly is just a picture of health). We went to Ionic Burrito and had some unreal build it yourself salads. All of us eat the exact same way and what I found to be interesting is that we do it for the same reason but with some different motivators.

MIKE's REASON...
Mike is incredibly fit and certainly doesn't need to worry about weight loss...however he feels healthier than ever by changing his nutrition...and for the first time in his life has an unreal six pack! Mike said even when he was a pro athlete and his job was to stay in shape the best he ever had was a four pack...his new found six pack is all because of his change in nutrition. Don't worry ladies at some point I will convince him that a shirtless photo is neccessary. :-)

MARCO'S REASON...
Marcos is a great story. He was right around 230 pounds. Not a guy that you looked at and said wow he needs to lose some weight...he is what I would describe as the average guy! He decided he wanted to drop some weight and try to get healthier. He was struggling with always being tired and generally just not feeling at the top of his game. At our lunch today he was down a total of 60 pounds and just looks amazing! He is super lean and healthy as can be. His energy is at an all time high and so is his overall outlook on life! Plus I enjoy the heck out of his new suit he was wearing today...you know I'm a sucker for fashion!

BRANDON's REASON...
I didn't get a chance to talk with Brandon much today because he was able to show up just at the end of our lunch after he finished school today, so I don't really have all the scoop. What I do know is that Brandon is one of the most fit and driven people I've ever met. He almost makes Mike look soft(ok that's not really possible) but this guy is unreal. He is super into his nutrition because he just knows it's the best thing for his body and that's what he wants to do to be the very best. I look forward to getting to know him better and share more of his story.

KEVIN's REASON....
Of course weight loss was my original motivator and now I realize it's all about my health. The great news is that by doing the right things with my nutrition the weight loss just follows along.


So together we have 4 very different stories, but we all share the common goal of overall good health. As you know I am not working out crazy hard yet but I am doing stuff that is successful for me. Marcos is a guy that works out on occasion. Mike and Brandon are certainly excercise nuts and it shows...but what I like is that we are all having success doing the 80%(nutrition) and then different success levels with the other 20%(excercise).

I'm looking forward to another weigh in on Monday for myself and I'm hoping that I start to hear some great stories from anyone else out there that is starting to change their lives forever!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're doing a blog. Quite inspiring to read and to hear you talk about it on the air. I hope you continue to share your journey. :)

    ReplyDelete